Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Governor Jack Markell visits TheCoinLoft...





Last week I had the opportunity to capture Gov. Jack Markell visiting TheCoinLoft for breakfast. A very great way to have started the morning off. Read more words by Wes Garnett

"Two years ago my business partner and I came to the realization that we no longer wanted to work for ourselves - it was dreadfully monotones and extremely isolating. Our search for real connection led to a search for community, that is, a place willing to embrace and utilize our talents despite our limited professional backgrounds, but at the same time help us to overcome our weaknesses. Delaware didn't have such a place so we acted on our convictions and started one. Our blind leap of faith wasn't the smartest decision we've ever made, but standing next to the Governor, talking about the amazing people that have latched onto our vision, was one of the most incredible feelings I've ever had. I grew up blocks away from coIN, so I'm especially proud to be a part of this states growing entrepreneurial community. Now kids coming up, playing on the same streets I did when I was a kid, will have opportunities I literally couldn't have dreamt of at their age. And in hind sight we've learned that kids are the real reason we started The coIN Loft. We wanted to make sure that when they decide to chase their dreams and change the world, they'll have a community of people to lift them up beyond the reach of their own hands. The coIN Loft is living proof that the old adage that it takes a village is true".

The Coin Loft

No comments:

Post a Comment