Monday, November 12, 2012

100 MEN READING Recap.






Once again it was that time to do my duty and give back to the youth. 100 Men Reading was a blast. I had the opportunity to read to 3rd graders at Thomas Edison Elementary School in Wilmington DE.

The 100 Men Reading Program is the brainchild of 10 year old Imani Henry, a Reading Assist Institute alumnus who wanted to promote reading and literacy development to young children in Delaware.  Imani co-authored a Macy’s Reading is Fundamental (RIF) grant with the vision of having 100 men go into classrooms to read to children in preschool through 3rd grade.  According to Imani, “I know how hard it was for me to learn how to read when I was 5 years old.  So I had an idea to develop the 100 Men reading program; men all over Delaware can help make a huge difference.  Someday I would like to invite President Obama to read on 100 Men Reading Day!”


100 MEN READING

No comments:

Post a Comment